Herbed Cream of Potato Soup
I think white sauce is the best for cream soup. One day I added complementary herbs to plain potato soup. Yum! Now we always have our potato soup "herbed".
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3/4 cup cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- Place potatoes and cold water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for about 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until potatoes are tender; drain and set aside. In a small bowl, dissolve bouillon in boiling water; set aside.
- In a saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the parsley, thyme, rosemary and garlic salt. Stir in potatoes and bouillon mixture; heat through.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 403 calories, 26g fat (16g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 1198mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Herbed Cream of Tomato Soup in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook