Herbed Cranberry Chicken
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon salt-free herb seasoning blend
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup cranberry juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Rub chicken with seasoning blend. In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken in 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reaches 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onions in remaining oil. Stir in the cranberries, broth, cranberry juice, syrup and vinegar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Return chicken to the pan; cook for 1 minute or until heated through. Sprinkle with pecans.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 263 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 109mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 4, 2016
I had to omit the nuts due to allergies, but I did not miss them. I used cran-grape juice because it's what we have on hand. For the herb mix, I used my go-to Penzey's Italian Herb and added an extra grind of fresh black pepper.
Nov 15, 2010
My boyfriend told me this was his favorite dish ever. All of the flavors blended together wonderfully!
Oct 29, 2010
Was very disappointed. I love the combination of chicken and cranberry but didn't like dish. Maybe it was the mixture of maple syrup and balsamic vinegar. None of my family liked it either
Oct 16, 2010
Very tasty and easy to prepare. The maple syrup added a great flavor boost.