Herbed Corn Saute
This recipe always make an appearance at our holiday celebrations, especially because it's easy to double. Fresh herbs really dress up the corn. —Pat Dazis, Charlotte, North Carolina
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 2 large sweet red peppers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh sage or 1/4 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- In a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat. Add corn, peppers, herbs, salt and pepper; cook and stir until peppers are crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
Originally published as Special Thanksgiving Corn in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2014