Herbed Ciabatta Croutons
Homemade croutons add a special touch to soups and salads. Loaded with fresh rosemary, thyme and sage flavor, these crunchy, flavorful toppers won't disappoint. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread (14 ounces), cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small skillet, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute. Stir in the sage, thyme and rosemary. Place bread cubes in a large bowl; drizzle with oil mixture. Add the cheese, salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Transfer to two ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake at 325° for 12-16 minutes or lightly browned, stirring once. Cool. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 95 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 169mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Herbed Ciabatta Croutons in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2012