Herbed Chicken Stir-Fry
Fresh zucchini and squash really brighten this chicken and rice dish. Garlic and oregano combined with lemon juice add extra hits of flavor the whole family will like.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2-3/4 cups chicken broth, divided
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 cup sliced yellow summer squash
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons prepared herb butter
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, bring 2 cups broth to a boil. Stir in rice. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining broth until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry the chicken, yellow squash, zucchini, onion in herb butter for 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice.