We often grill chicken in the summer, and this herbed version is a big hit with our family. We own a cheese and specialty food store called The Boulevard Market in nearby Tecumseh. I frequently host cooking classes at the store and have featured this chicken. Students are sent home with this recipe and always say their families enjoyed it! -Erika Aylward, Clinton, Michigan
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 medium lemons, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (about 3 pounds), quartered
- Gently squeeze juice from lemons into a large resealable plastic bag; leave lemon wedges in the bag. Add the oil, garlic, basil, thyme, salt and cayenne; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 24 hours, turning frequently.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat, turning every 15 minutes, for 1 hour or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Chicken Quarters in Taste of Home August/September 2000, p39
Reviews forHerbed Chicken Quarters
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 24, 2010
"Oh so good!"