Herbed Chicken Breasts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with lemon-pepper. In a large skillet, saute chicken in 1 tablespoon each oil and butter for 6-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- Add lemon juice and mustard to the skillet; whisk until smooth. Whisk in broth, herbs, garlic, salt, and remaining oil and butter; simmer for 1 minute. Spoon over chicken.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 158 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 553mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 8g protein.
Mar 11, 2014
This is an amazingly simple but fresh, light dish. So tasty and serves with a beautiful presentation. My 16 year old son said this recipe is a keeper! Great as a family meal or to serve for guests. I highly recommend this and think anyone and everyone should give it a try!
Aug 17, 2009
I served this for 65 teenage boys and their leaders, I browned the chicken first and then put it into pans to bake for the final time. It was a huge hit, there was absolutely no leftovers. I used fresh herbs from my garden and the taste was unbeatable, thanks for the great recipe!
May 18, 2009
Excellent recipe. Make enough for leftovers and try the leftovers in the "Chicke Noodle Casserole" from Quick Cooking submitted by Kay Pederson of Yellville, Arkansas. The flavor of the chicken really adds to the recipe. I will make this again!
Oct 18, 2008
This recipe is fantastic! I would double the sauce and include a little of the sauce over pasta (we had butternut squash stuffed ravioli with it) I cut the mustard down almost in half