Herbed Chicken and Veggies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 7-3/4 hours
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons white wine or additional chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- Hot cooked rice
- Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with the tomatoes, onion and garlic. Combine the broth, wine, bay leaf, salt, thyme and pepper; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- Add broccoli; cook 45-60 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear and the broccoli is tender. Discard bay leaf. Thicken pan juices if desired. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 280 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 755mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 5, 2011
It was a snap to prepare and I had it in the slow-cooker in 5 minutes prep time. However, it was a little bland. I used chicken breasts cut into chunks... it smelled amazing while cooking, but we like a little more flavor.