Herbed Chicken and Veggies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 7-3/4 hours
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons white wine or additional chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- Hot cooked rice
- Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with the tomatoes, onion and garlic. Combine the broth, wine, bay leaf, salt, thyme and pepper; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- Add broccoli; cook 45-60 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear and the broccoli is tender. Discard bay leaf. Thicken pan juices if desired. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 280 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 755mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein.
Jan 5, 2011
It was a snap to prepare and I had it in the slow-cooker in 5 minutes prep time. However, it was a little bland. I used chicken breasts cut into chunks... it smelled amazing while cooking, but we like a little more flavor.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.