- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon butter or stick margarine
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 2 cups instant rice
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a skillet, saute the chicken in butter for 3-4 minutes. Add the carrots and onion; saute until tender. Add water and seasonings; bring to a boil. Stir in the rice. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews forHerbed Chicken and Rice
"I made it with 2 large chicken breasts cut in strips, at least 1 lb. but it is tasteless. It has no flavor. Not Just bland."
"Enjoyed it a lot but thought it was a little bland so we added some soy sauce and it was just what it needed. We all had seconds."