Herbed Cherry Tomatoes Recipe
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- 1. Place tomatoes in a large bowl; set aside. In a small bowl, combine oil and vinegar. Add parsley, basil, oregano, salt and sugar. Pour over tomatoes.
- 2. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Drain; serve on lettuce if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1/2 cup: 56 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 105mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Herbed Cherry Tomatoes
"I fixed this special side dish for family and everone loved it! The tomatoes taste so fresh and it's so easy to fix!"
"I have lots of tomatoes and this was a tasty way to use a bunch of them. I used Italian seasoning instead of the various herbs and skipped the salt altogether."