Herbed Cheesy Veggie Dip
- 2/3 cup Daisy 1% cottage cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon each dried basil, marjoram, savory and thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Green and sweet red pepper strips or raw vegetables of you choice
- 1. Place cottage cheese in a blender or food processor; cover and process until smooth. Add the cream cheese, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and seasonings; cover and process until smooth.
- 2. Transfer to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with vegetables.
2 tablespoons: 53 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 147mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Jul 5, 2012
This comes together very quickly. It's great as a vegetable dip but it's equally good spread in celery sicks or on bagels.