"One bite of this cheesy omelet and you'll notice its fresh herb flavor," assures Shirley LeFevre from Lancaster, Pennsylvania. "I serve it with bacon or ham, whatever I have on hand."
Recommended: 30 Breakfast for Dinner Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2 slices process American cheese
- In a bowl, beat eggs and seasonings. Melt butter in a skillet. Add egg mixture; cook over medium heat. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When eggs are completely set, remove from the heat. Place cheese over half of the eggs. Fold in half and transfer to a warm platter. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Cheese Omelet in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p9