Herbed Cheese Canapes
Boursin cheese can be expensive to buy. This homemade version is budget friendly and is fabulous. Your guest won't realize you made it.—Debra Chylik, Valley View, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 4-1/2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 40 slices snack rye bread
- 1 small seedless cucumber, cut into 40 very thin slices
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 jar (2 ounces) red caviar
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, spread 1 tablespoon on each bread slice. Top with a cucumber slice, 1/2 teaspoon green pepper and about 1/4 teaspoon caviar.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 81 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 150mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Homemade Boursin Cheese Spread in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2011