Herbed Carrot Salad
We grow about 2,000 acres of carrots on our ranch. My whole family enjoys this colorful vegetable in a variety of recipes, including this refreshing salad.—Bud Mercer, Prosser, Washington
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup minced fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 8 cups torn romaine
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil; add the carrots. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; cool slightly. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the dill, oregano, thyme, lemon juice, oil, sugar and lemon zest. Add carrots and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate. Serve over romaine.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 149 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 70mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 5g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Herbed Carrot Salad in Taste of Home August/September 1999