- 8 cups fresh brussels sprouts (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped pimientos
- Remove any loose leaves and trim stem ends of brussels sprouts. Cut an “X” in the core end with a sharp knife. Place sprouts in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 9-11 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with mushrooms. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, vinegar, butter, salt, tarragon, marjoram and pepper. Drizzle over mushrooms and sprouts. Sprinkle with pimientos. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forHerbed Brussels Sprouts
"I simplified and reduced the recipe - I made about a half batch and used approx. 1 T. each butter, brown sugar and cider vinegar to make a glaze to saute the sprouts with after steaming. I used a little salt and pepper, and my husband added a little olive oil while they were sauteing. easy, fast and delicious. We have made these multiple times."
"Made these for Christmas and everyone loved them, even those who "don't eat brussel sprouts". Will use again and again...."
"I used frozen sprouts and cooked them in the microwave then continued with the recipe. The second time I made them I used only one pound of fresh sprouts and cooked them in an 8 x 8 pan."
"More mushrooms are fine if you love them like we do! Also frozen br.sp. work well, too.1"