Herbed Bread Twists Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried basil, marjoram and oregano
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1. In a small bowl, combine butter and seasonings. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 12-in. square. Spread with butter mixture; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Fold dough into thirds. Cut widthwise into 24 strips. Twist each strip twice; pinch ends to seal. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 40 minutes. Beat egg and water; brush over dough. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 84 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Herbed Bread Twists
"This was so good, I'd give it 6 stars if I could! The spice combination is delicious, and these rolls come out of the oven looking like they came from a gourmet Italian restaurant.I made a few minor adjustments: Instead of 1/4 cup butter, I only used 2 Tbsp, while leaving the spice amounts as written. I thought 2 Tbsp worked fine, and the taste was still great! Also, in addition to the 3/4 cup mozzarella, I sprinkled in some grated Parmesan cheese because my family loves the taste.Soft, doughy, and cheesy, these are rolls I will definitely make again and again!"