Herbed Bread Slices
—Margaret Wampler, Butler, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 tablespoons prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1 loaf (8 ounces) French bread, halved lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Brush salad dressing over cut sides of bread. Sprinkle with rosemary and oregano. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Broil 6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut into 2-in. slices.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 99 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 268mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Italian Bread in Reminisce May/June 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.