Herbed Beer Pork Chops
Stefanie Whitlatch knew the recipe for these tasty, tender chops was a keeper the first time she tried it at home in Cody, Wyoming. “The chops turned out to be delicious, and they go with almost any kind of side dish,” she notes.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 5 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil on both sides. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over pork. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until meat is tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 240 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 189mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Herbed Pork Chops in Cooking for 2 Summer 2007