Herbed Beef Tenderloin
Cooking on the grill has always been one of my favorite hobbies. This recipe is a popular choice for my family's Sunday dinners or our special birthday dinners. I like to serve tenderloin with baked potatoes and homegrown vegetables.
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 30 min. + standing
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon each dried basil, thyme and rosemary, crushed
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Place tenderloin in a large shallow dish. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over meat. Turn to coat; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Prepare grill for indirect medium-hot heat, using a drip pan. Drain and discard marinade from beef. Place beef over the direct heat. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 10-15 minutes or until beef is browned, turning frequently. Move beef to indirect side of the grill. Cover and grill for 20-25 minutes longer or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Originally published as Herbed Beef Tenderloin in Country Extra July 1995
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.