Herbed Beef Tenderloin Steaks
When winter weather doesn't allow for grilling outdoors, bake your steaks instead! Bread crumbs and seasonings seal in the meat's juices with wonderful results. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried basil, oregano and thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (1 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and seasonings. Rub on both sides of steaks. Place steaks in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 25-28 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
Nutrition FactsNutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 215 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 333 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 24 g protein.
Originally published as Herbed Beef Tenderloin in 2001 Taste of Home Calendar
Mar 1, 2013
Great recipe! Easy and fast, the meat was juicy, tasty, excellent. Will do it again. Did not change anything, the recipe is perfect as it is.
Feb 16, 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.