When winter weather doesn't allow for grilling outdoors, bake your steaks instead! Bread crumbs and seasonings seal in the meat's juices with wonderful results. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Recommended: 32 Super Steak Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried basil, oregano and thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (1 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and seasonings. Rub on both sides of steaks. Place steaks in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 25-28 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Beef Tenderloin in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 2001, p
Reviews forHerbed Beef Tenderloin Steaks
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 1, 2013
"Great recipe! easy and fast, the meat was juicy, tasty, excellent. Will do it again. Did not change anything, the recipe is perfect as it is."
Reviewed Feb. 16, 2013