Fresh asparagus is accented by a perfectly flavored herb butter that is so easy to prepare.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 5 min.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Parsley Flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Basil Leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Black Pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook asparagus in boiling water until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain well and place in serving dish.
- Combine parsley, basil, pepper and butter; pour over asparagus. Sprinkle with tomatoes and cheese.
Herbed Green Beans: Use fresh green beans, stem ends snapped off, in place of the asparagus.