Fresh asparagus is accented by a perfectly flavored herb butter that is so easy to prepare.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 5 min.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Parsley Flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Basil Leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Black Pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook asparagus in boiling water until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain well and place in serving dish.
- Combine parsley, basil, pepper and butter; pour over asparagus. Sprinkle with tomatoes and cheese.
Herbed Green Beans: Use fresh green beans, stem ends snapped off, in place of the asparagus.
Originally published as Herbed Asparagus in Taste of Home Cooking School Brand Name Cookbook Spring 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.