Herbed Asparagus Salad
This salad is a wonderful way to serve fresh-cut asparagus. The tarragon and oregano are a nice surprise in the lemon and oil dressing, and the boiled eggs make a pretty, tasty garnish.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 3 hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry. Place in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, sugar, salt, oregano, tarragon, pepper and garlic. Pour over asparagus; cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Place salad greens on a serving platter. With a slotted spoon, arrange asparagus over greens. Garnish with egg slices.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 240 calories, 23g fat (3g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 339mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Asparagus Salad in Country Extra May 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.