- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian diced tomatoes
- 2 jars (6-1/2 ounces each) marinated quartered artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 to 4 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 to 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Drain tomatoes, reserving 2/3 cup juice. Drain artichoke hearts, reserving 3/4 cup marinade; chop artichokes.
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions, herbs, garlic and pepper flakes; cook and stir until onion is tender, 4-5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and reserved tomato juice and artichoke marinade; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until slightly thickened, 10-12 minutes. Meanwhile, cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Drain tortellini; add to tomato mixture. Gently stir in olives, salt and artichoke hearts; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forHerbed Artichoke Cheese Tortellini
"This is one of my favorites, I love anything artichoke and this hit the spot"
"Fresh looking and tasting, but a little bland. I put sliced Italian Sausage on it though, and that was excellent."
"Yum! I added some thawed & drained spinach for an easy one dish meal!"
"Absolutely fabulous!! The only change I made was that I used a large can of crushed tomatoes instead of diced. I didn't have them on hand. I also used grated Parmesan instead of shredded. Will most definitely make again."
"This was fantastic!"
"This recipe was GREAT! I also used grated Parmesan cheese and it tasted fine. Even my husband (who thinks any meal without meat can't be considered dinner) loved this! Thanks for a great Meatless Monday recipe!"
"I forgot to mention in my first review that I always use grated parmesan instead of shredded. It's cheaper and melts into the meal."
"This recipe is excellent! My 7 year old daughter who doesn't like olives clears her plate. And my husband who is a meat eater through and through loves this recipe! It doesn't reheat well so I cut the recipe in half and usually double the artichokes (2 jars in half the recipe) because the artichokes make it a little meatier."
"My family loved it! Except for using grated parmesan instead of shredded (only because I had no shredded on hand), I made the recipe as written and it was awesome. Can't wait to try it with the shredded parmesan. Very flavorful--especially for a recipe that is so quick and easy. Will definitely be one of our family's regulars!"