There's plenty of flavor in this bright side dish that's quick and easy to prepare but special enough for company. Jodi Rice of Appleton, Wisconsin seasons sliced carrots and dried apricots with a pleasant blend of dill, fennel, brown sugar and dry mustard.
Recommended: 70 Impressive Christmas Dinner Ideas
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 medium carrots, sliced
- 9 dried apricots, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter or stick margarine
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- Place carrots and apricots in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 8 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender; drain. Add the remaining ingredients; stir until butter is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Apricots 'n' Carrots in Taste of Home October/November 2003, p22