Herbal Salt Substitute
“For those of us who have been told to cut back on salt, this all-around handy blend can give herbal zest to any meal,” shares Lorna Wall in Ottawa, Canada. Or put in decorative shakers and use as thoughtful holiday stocking stuffers!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 1 year.
Nutrition Facts1 teaspoon: 5 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Herbal Salt Substitute in Light & Tasty December/January 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.