- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek olives, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a large serving bowl; add the corn, red pepper, tomatoes, olives, onion, basil and parsley.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forHerb Vegetable Orzo Salad
"I agree with others that this is VERY fresh tasting. I only made a few minor changes: cut the recipe in half for just my husband and I (and there were SOOO many leftovers still), cut the cherry tomatoes in half, used sliced black olives out of the can (because I already had them leftover in the fridge), and used dry basil and parsley. I also added a bit of garlic powder. I do think this is good, but I wanted just a slightly stronger taste of balsamic. Just slightly. I also think there could be a bit more salt (next time I may try garlic salt). Overall, a great summertime salad that I'll make again with a few modifications."
"Good recipe, but I think it lacked a little flavor. I subbed 1/2 tsp. of lemon pepper for the salt and pepper in the recipe. It wasn't enough, especially after chilling, so I added about half a tsp. more and shook in a little more salt. I used Greek Kalamata olives because they have a stronger flavor than the regular black olives in the can, white balsamic vinegar, and chopped red onion. The fresh basil gave it a nice fresh flavor. Maybe I'll add some fresh oregano next time since I grow it in my garden too. My husband liked this recipe and it was very welcome on a 100+ degree day."
"Love this! I've made it several times."
"Awesome. Wouldn't change a thing."
"Delish-it's a great side dish and a lovely cool main dish in hot weather."
"Great summer time salad. Light and refreshing. The dressing added a great flavor. wouldn't change a thing, make just as directed."
"I make this salad all summer long & it is a hit at every picnic.Light & refreshing. Everyone asks for the recipe. Delishous! Thanks Taste Of Home!"