Herb Vegetable Medley
This pretty Herb Vegetable Medley is dressed for company or a special at-home dinner with flecks of basil and thyme. It makes the perfect side for grilled chicken, fish or almost any entree! Taryn Kuebelbeck – Plymouth, MN
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen waxed beans, green beans and carrots
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- Place vegetables and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 9-11 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, combine the thyme, basil, salt and pepper. Drain vegetables; drizzle with oil and vinegar. Sprinkle with seasoning mixture and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 58 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 151mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable.
Originally published as Basil Bean Medley in Simple & Delicious May/June 2009