This pretty Herb Vegetable Medley is dressed for company or a special at-home dinner with flecks of basil and thyme. It makes the perfect side for grilled chicken, fish or almost any entree! Taryn Kuebelbeck – Plymouth, MN
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen waxed beans, green beans and carrots
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- Place vegetables and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 9-11 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, combine the thyme, basil, salt and pepper. Drain vegetables; drizzle with oil and vinegar. Sprinkle with seasoning mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Herb Vegetable Medley in Simple & Delicious May/June 2009, p26