Herb-Topped Stuffed Tomatoes Recipe
This simple treatment perfectly complements the fresh taste of tomatoes. Serve as a side dish to any entree or as a fresh summer appetizer. Mary E. Relyea - Canastota, New York
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 large tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a small skillet, saute onion and garlic in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Melt remaining butter. In a small bowl, combine the onion mixture, bread crumbs, cheese and melted butter. Spoon 2 tablespoons onto each tomato half.
- 2. Place on a baking sheet. Broil 8 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle with basil and parsley. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
2 each: 143 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 247mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Herb-Topped Stuffed Tomatoes
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC