These rolls make an elegant accent to any meal. They also freeze well or can be made ahead of time and heated just before serving. —Lois Gallup Edwards, Woodland, California
Featured In: 45 Breads That Will Inspire You to Bake This Fall
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed or dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- Sesame and/or poppy seeds
- On a floured surface, roll dough into a 14x12-in. rectangle; brush with butter. Sprinkle with chives, parsley, dill, salt and pepper. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices.
- Place cut side down in greased muffin cups. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Combine egg and water; brush over tops. Sprinkle with seeds. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Herb-Swirled Rolls in Simple & Delicious November/December 2009, p47
Reviews forHerb-Swirled Rolls
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 19, 2016
"Too much herb."
Reviewed Nov. 27, 2009