If you want a quick recipe using lean pork tenderloin, try this one. In minutes, you can create a great-tasting rub using spices you already have in your cupboard. This rub has a nice little kick to it so you won't miss the salt, either.
Recommended: 95 Tasty Low-Carb Dinner Ideas
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; rub over pork. Place in a large ungreased shallow glass dish. Cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.
- Place tenderloins on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Herb-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin in Country Woman January/February 2006, p41
Reviews forHerb-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 29, 2015
"This definitely has a kick though unlike the submitter, I do miss the salt a little bit. I will make this again but add some salt to taste. Thank you for this amazing pork recipe!"