Herb-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin
If you want a quick recipe using lean pork tenderloin, try this one. In minutes, you can create a great-tasting rub using spices you already have in your cupboard. This rub has a nice little kick to it so you won't miss the salt, either.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Bake: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; rub over pork. Place in a large ungreased shallow glass dish. Cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.
- Place tenderloins on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts1/4 pound: 143 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 46mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Jun 29, 2015
This definitely has a kick though unlike the submitter, I do miss the salt a little bit. I will make this again but add some salt to taste. Thank you for this amazing pork recipe!