- 5 to 5-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup mashed potato flakes
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 3 cups flour, potato flakes, yeast, sugar, chives, salt and parsley. In a saucepan, heat milk and sour cream to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Add eggs; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into 24 pieces. Shape each into a roll. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 35 minutes. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forHerb Potato Rolls
"This recipe is amazing! easy to make, and smells amazing. I did sub green onion for the chives because the store had those on sale. But a very good recipe!"