Herb ‘n’ Spice Turkey Breast
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 2 hours
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (5 to 6 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, brown sugar, salt, sage, thyme, rosemary, pepper and allspice. With fingers, carefully loosen the skin from both sides of turkey breast.
- Spread half of the brown sugar mixture under the skin. Secure skin to underside of breast with toothpicks. Spread the remaining brown sugar mixture over the skin.
- Line the bottom of a large shallow roasting pan with foil. Place turkey breast side up on a rack in prepared pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°. (Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly.) Cover and let stand for 15 minutes before carving.
Nutrition Facts8 ounce-weight: 253 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 243mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 34g protein.
Nov 26, 2010
amazing....everything a turkey is suppose to be. moist and delicious
Apr 4, 2010
My husband and I were both amazed at how wonderfully this recipe worked out. This is how we will prepare turkey for now on.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.