Total TimePrep: 5 min. Grill: 40 min.
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme or Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 3-1/2 pounds), cut up
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first nine ingredients. Set aside 1/2 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill, covered, over medium-low heat for 40-50 minutes or until juices run clear, turning and basting with reserved marinade every 15 minutes.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 6, 2011
Ok, I don't like when people rate a recipe they haven't cooked...but what I can't stand even more is when they rate a recipe they obviously haven't even read. This recipe says nothing about basting the chicken with the marinade that it set in. It VERY CLEARLY tells you to RESERVE half a cup of the marinade BEFORE the chicken is added AND it says clearly to DISCARD the marinade that the chicken set in and to BASTE with the RESERVED marinade. OMG....read the recipes people!!!! And when giving an option for a different ingredient to use it doesn't have to be the same if it was the same you wouldn't need to list it. AND the recipe doesn't say anything about Italian DRESSING it says Italian SEASONING which is a similar ingredient to the one that it is replacing...they are both herbs/seasonings not a dry vs wet ingredient as the previous poster suggested.
Aug 9, 2011
NEVER, NEVER Baste Chicken with the marinate the chicken sat in!!!! OMG you are asking for trouble. Instead make a second marinate. Use THAT for basting. Did not make it yet. But how do you come up with thyme OR Italian dressing.......not at all the same or even similar ingredient.
Aug 5, 2011
Stop rating without making first!!!
Aug 4, 2011
Sounds good--but where is the nutritional information?