- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme or Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 3-1/2 pounds), cut up
- Combine all ingredients except chicken. Reserve 1/2 cup for basting; cover. Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag or glass 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour remaining marinade over chicken. Cover or close bag and refrigerate at least 4 hours. Drain, discarding marinade. Grill, covered, over low coals, turning and basting with reserved marinade every 15 minutes, for 40-50 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forHerb-Mustard Chicken
"Ok, I don't like when people rate a recipe they haven't cooked...but what I can't stand even more is when they rate a recipe they obviously haven't even read. This recipe says nothing about basting the chicken with the marinade that it set in. It VERY CLEARLY tells you to RESERVE half a cup of the marinade BEFORE the chicken is added AND it says clearly to DISCARD the marinade that the chicken set in and to BASTE with the RESERVED marinade. OMG....read the recipes people!!!! And when giving an option for a different ingredient to use it doesn't have to be the same if it was the same you wouldn't need to list it. AND the recipe doesn't say anything about Italian DRESSING it says Italian SEASONING which is a similar ingredient to the one that it is replacing...they are both herbs/seasonings not a dry vs wet ingredient as the previous poster suggested."
"Stop rating without making first!!!"
"Sounds good--but where is the nutritional information?"