- 1 tablespoon dried minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 French bread baguette (10-1/2 ounces)
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 3 batches (1/4 cup total).
- To prepare dipping oil: In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine 4 teaspoons herb mix with water. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 10-15 seconds. Drain excess water. Transfer to a shallow serving plate; add oil and stir. Serve with bread. Yield: 1/2 cup per batch.
Reviews forHerb Mix for Dipping Oil
"Wonderful blend and delicious! I did as another suggested an made ahead of time - perfect! Will definitely be making again, especially with the holidays coming up! Thank you!"
"This is a very nice blend of spices. They all stand out. For Maximum taste I suggest giving them a days rest counter top to Bloom. And the oil is not just for bread. I used some of it as a marinade for some fresh saut?ed Asparagus. It tasted fantastic. I too did not use the water and I gave the Rosemary a slight chop. And excluded the salt as well. Another will from Taste of Home.Janie Taste of Home volunteer Field Editor. There are any uses for this perfumed oil. So explore outside of the Box."
"This is the perfect blend of spices. I used only 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes though, thinking it would be too hot for the kids to enjoy. I also used vegetable oil, as I don't care for the taste of olive oil. We had Pumpernickel & Rye bread at the time I made this but any bread would be good I think."
"I make up this mix evry time I make an italian dish I need bread to go with. The only I did different was used garlic salt in place of the dried minced garlic and then I omitted the salt. I also do not add the water to the seaason. I just mix it straight in with the olive oil and serve."
"This mix was good, we used less salt than called for."