Herb Mashed Potatoes
A blend of herbs and garlic makes this an extra-special side dish for the holidays. My family won't let me prepare mashed potatoes any other way. —Stephanie McKinnon, Salt Lake City, Utah
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6-1/2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes and garlic in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Place potatoes and garlic in a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients. Mash potatoes.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 218 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 344mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Herbed Mashed Potatoes in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2002