- 1 turkey (14 to 16 pounds)
- 1/4 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt divided
- 1-1/4 teaspoons pepper, divided
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Brush turkey with oil; tie the drumsticks together. Place turkey breast side up on a rack in a roasting pan. Combine the thyme, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper; sprinkle evenly over turkey. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2 hours.
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, corn syrup, butter, rosemary, sage, basil and remaining salt and pepper. Brush over turkey. Bake 2 hours longer or until a meat thermometer reads 180°, basting frequently with pan drippings. Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly. Cover and let stand for 15 minutes before carving. Yield: 16-18 servings.
Reviews forHerb-Glazed Turkey
"Absolutely the best for your turkey. I have used this recipe for the past 2 Thanksgivings. Got rave reviews from guests both times. So most and yummy. the juices make the best gravy as well."