Herb Garden Zucchini
Crunchy and full of fresh herb flavor, this easy side dish is an appetizing sidekick to grilled chicken or steak. The flecks of fresh herbs makes it visually appealing, too.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + standing
Makes6 servings plus 1 cup leftover dressing
- 3 large zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup packed fresh parsley sprigs
- 1/4 cup minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- Place zucchini in a colander over a plate; sprinkle with salt and toss. Let stand for 30 minutes. Rinse and drain well; pat dry.
- Place the oil, herbs, lemon juice, honey, mustard and garlic in a food processor; cover and process until smooth. Transfer zucchini to a large bowl. Drizzle 1/4 cup dressing over zucchini; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate remaining dressing for up to 2 days.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 68 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 434mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Herby Salad Dressing in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.