Herb Garden Vegetables
I have a garden and wanted to highlight all the vegetables and herbs I grow. This medley was the perfect way to do just that. —Julie Stella, Champlin, Minnesota
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min
- 1/4 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 3/4 cup fresh sugar snap peas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup julienned zucchini
- 3/4 cup julienned yellow summer squash
- 3/4 teaspoon each minced fresh rosemary, sage, basil and thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- In a small skillet over medium heat, cook beans and peas in oil for 3 minutes. Add the zucchini, squash, herbs and pepper flakes; cook and stir 3-5 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Sprinkle with cheese just before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 146 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 129mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 2 fat.
Originally published as Herbed Garden Vegetables in Taste of Home April/May 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.