Herb Garden Pasta
I developed this dish after combining different features from a variety of recipes. Leftovers seem to taste even better the next day.—Linda Hindle, Halifax, Nova Scotia
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook:45 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms, tomato paste and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Add macaroni; cover and simmer 10 minutes longer or until heated through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Originally published as Herb Garden Pasta in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.