Combining different types of herbs not only gives this speedy fish depth of flavor, but it also results in a beautiful dish. Yvonne Nemec of Phillipsburg, New Jersey relates, “this is such an easy dish and so delicious. The herbs compliment the delicate flavor of the fish. We love it!”
Recommended: 57 Recipes with Fresh Herbs
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pound whitefish or sole fillets
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- In a small microwave-safe dish, combine the onion, butter and garlic. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until onion is partially cooked. Stir in the lemon juice, parsley, salt, tarragon and thyme.
- Arrange fillets in a greased 2-qt. round microwave-safe dish. Top with half of the butter mixture. Stir bread crumbs into the remaining butter mixture; sprinkle over fillets.
- Cover and microwave on high for 4-6 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Herb Fish Fillets in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006, p21