Herb Dip with Spring Vegetables
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/4 cup ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- Fresh rainbow baby carrots and watermelon (or plain) radishes
- Stir together first 5 ingredients; refrigerate, covered, overnight. Sprinkle with additional parsley and rosemary before serving with rainbow carrots and assorted radishes.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons dip: 76 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 559mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein.
Apr 16, 2017
I really wanted to like this recipe, but was disappointed. It was too salty which is understandable if you are using nearly double the amount of dressing/dip/soup mix than you normally would just to make up the standard ranch dip or onion dip. This has you putting both mixes in the same amount of sour cream. Also, the herbs added a nice flavor, but with the large amount called for, it also created almost a chewy texture. Lastly, even if this had tasted great, it was difficult to prepare when the recipe calls for a measurement of each of the dressing and soup mixes which come in packets--why not create a recipe that calls for x packets? Rather than tasting like a cohesive mix, it seemed like i could taste that it had soup mix, and ranch mix, and then herbs, almost separately. I made this according to the recipe and let it refrigerate overnight before testing. While i thought it was bad, my family said it was 'OK'.