Herb-Crusted Rack of Lamb Recipe
For those who enjoy a main course of lamb, here's a quick and delicious treatment for it. The easy preparation gives me the extra time I need to focus on other menu items. —Carolyn Schmeling, Brookfield, Wisconsin
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 frenched racks of lamb (1-1/2 pounds each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a shallow dish, combine bread crumbs, parsley, thyme and garlic. Add oil and toss; set aside. Sprinkle lamb with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown meat on both sides. Brush mustard over top of meat, then roll in crumb mixture.
- 2. Place racks in a shallow baking pan side by side with bones interlaced resting against each other. Bake 30-40 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Herb-Crusted Rack of Lamb
Reviewed Apr. 15, 2014
"Delicious! I cooked it for my husband's birthday and he loved it. It would be very impressive for a dinner party. Great flavors."
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC