Herb-Crusted Beef Tenderloin Recipe
We enjoy easy-to-prepare entrees using fresh herbs, and often serve this tenderloin with steamed veggies. This one smells amazing in the kitchen and would be simple to serve guests. —Peter Halferty, Corpus Christi, Texas
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (3 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme, divided
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary, divided
- 1. Rub tenderloin with 1 tablespoon oil; sprinkle with pepper and salt. In a large skillet, brown beef on all sides. Transfer to a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- 2. Combine mustard, garlic, 2 tablespoons thyme, 2 tablespoons rosemary and remaining oil; brush over roast.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 30-40 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Sprinkle with remaining herbs before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
5 ounces cooked beef: 323 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 418mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 37g protein.
Reviews for Herb-Crusted Beef Tenderloin
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC