Herb-Crusted Beef Tenderloin
We enjoy easy-to-prepare entrees using fresh herbs, and often serve this tenderloin with steamed veggies. This one smells amazing in the kitchen and would be simple to serve guests. —Peter Halferty, Corpus Christi, Texas
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + standing
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (3 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme, divided
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary, divided
- Rub tenderloin with 1 tablespoon oil; sprinkle with pepper and salt. In a large skillet, brown beef on all sides. Transfer to a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Combine mustard, garlic, 2 tablespoons thyme, 2 tablespoons rosemary and remaining oil; brush over roast.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 30-40 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Sprinkle with remaining herbs before serving.