- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Fresh chives, optional
- Unroll pastry into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edges. Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5-7 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, chives, cilantro, parsley, salt, seafood seasoning, pepper and nutmeg; stir in the crabmeat and cheeses. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Garnish with fresh chives if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forHerb Crab Quiche
"This was really tasty and full of crab flavor. I used Old Bay seasoning and jumbo lump crab meat - pasteurized which made it rather pricey but being from Maryland, that's how we roll. I will make this again. Next time, I will leave out the cilantro because I'm not a big fan, plus it seems to overpower the sweet crab. This is a keeper."
"This was terrific and garnered a lot if praise. I made a few alterations: used a blend of Swiss and Gruyere, added fresh tarragon and thyme with the other herbs in the recipe and used crab claw meat this is going in my favorites"