Herb Crab Quiche
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 40 min. + standing
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Fresh chives, optional
- Unroll pastry into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edges. Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5-7 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, chives, cilantro, parsley, salt, seafood seasoning, pepper and nutmeg; stir in the crabmeat and cheeses. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Garnish with fresh chives if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 582 calories, 48g fat (27g saturated fat), 300mg cholesterol, 639mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 18g protein.
Aug 9, 2017
This was really tasty and full of crab flavor. I used Old Bay seasoning and jumbo lump crab meat - pasteurized which made it rather pricey but being from Maryland, that's how we roll. I will make this again. Next time, I will leave out the cilantro because I'm not a big fan, plus it seems to overpower the sweet crab. This is a keeper.
Apr 2, 2014
This was terrific and garnered a lot if praise. I made a few alterations: used a blend of Swiss and Gruyere, added fresh tarragon and thyme with the other herbs in the recipe and used crab claw meat this is going in my favorites
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.